Sequence lights up during Portland Winter Light Festival
PORTLAND WINTER LIGHT FESTIVAL
At The Portland Open Space Sequence Light Installation
The Portland Open Space Sequence joins the Portland Winter Light Festival this week with a dazzling display of light, color and artistry. Free to the public, the parks and fountains in the Sequence will be lit with lanterns and festooned with illuminated fabrics and graphics. This beautiful installation is thanks to the team at PLACE. They dreamed up the idea, led the design, curation and installation, working late at night in very cold temps. We couldn’t have done it without you guys!
February 1, 6-9 PM
February 2, 6-9 PM
February 3, 6-10 PM
February 4, 6-10 PM
Here’s what you’ll see as you wander through the parks and plazas:
- We Are All in This Together @ Keller Fountain. Pianists Jennifer Wright and Daniel Brugh perform a musical vigil for peace featuring Wright’s three-hour piano duet I Sing an Unending Song of Radical Beauty. For this event, Wright transformed a photograph of Martin Luther King, Jr., into a musical score wherein each pixel comes alive as a musical sound.
- Circle the Earth @ Pettygrove Park. Embrace trees dance ritual for Peace with the Planet.
- RSVP Cycles @ Lovejoy Fountain. Engage luminarias adorned with personal messages of inspiration, hope and encouragement. Come write your own!
- Origin @ Source Fountain. Enjoy an urban soundscape, inspiring all to reach into oneself.
- Parades and Changes @ 3rd Avenue Promenade Walkways. Traverse City Dance scores revealing timeless beauty of freedom, creativity and cooperation.
For more information about the Portland Winter Light Festival, visit pdxwlf.com.